I’m Hiring a Production Designer!
- Your role will be assisting owner/designer in production files for graphic/web design studio. This role is 80% production, 20% design. On the occasion you will be doing design work, please take a look at my portfolio to see the style of design. Ideal designer not only enjoys production work, but can deliver fun, colorful, and modern designs utilizing strong layout and typographic skills.
- Please note that this is not a branding or website design position, as I will continue to design all client work and handle all client communication. This position is to help with the production of files, my own social media graphics, and any backend/internal design.
- This is a remote position, with work on a as-needed basis. Ideal candidate can turn around quality projects within 2-3 days.
- 1-2 years of design or production experience required. College students (ideally 3rd/4th year) welcome to apply.
- This is a paid position. Pay depending on experience.
Type of Work You Will Be Doing:
- Convert AI files to PSD files (organizing layers & templates to make it easy for clients to update).
- Set up files for developer in AI (alignment, consolidating colors, slicing images, vectorizing watercolor pieces).
- Design social media graphics, blog/Pinterest graphics. Preference given to those with blogging or editorial experience who have a understanding of how to create visuals that sell/entice clicks.
- Create SVG files with correct dielines. Experience with packaging preferred.
- WordPress experience a plus (formatting/updating posts)
- Must have extensive knowledge of Illustrator. Preference given to those with web production experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, WordPress, Gmail and its applications (calendar, docs, etc.)
- Mac Operating System (since I work primarily on Mac, this is to avoid compatibility issues when switching between files.)
- Detail Oriented & High-Level Organizational Skills
- Self-starter who’s able to go with the flow, multi-task and adapt quickly. I am usually juggling many things a day, so I need someone who can take ownership of a task and complete it above expectations.
- Must have amazing time management skills and be available to complete tasks within 2-3 day turnaround (some may have longer turnarounds). Deadlines will be discussed at the start of each project and you are always free to discuss its feasibility with me. If you are the type that often needs extensions or miss due dates, this will not be a good fit.
- Experience in the project management software, Asana preferred.
- Send over a little bit about you, what related experience you have, your desired hourly rate, and why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Resume & Work Samples (sending link to your portfolio works.
- Email melissa(at)melissarosedesign(.com) with subject line Production Designer.